I was recently in China, and even after just 1 week, I surprisingly already missed my new Japanese home and couldn’t wait to get back. Some things I greatly appreciate in Japan:
- While awaiting for the next subway/train, commuters nicely line up in 2 lines at each door.
- Said commuters allow the departing passengers of the subway/train to get off before the new commuters get onto the subway/train.
- People stand on one side of the escalators so that others who want to walk up/down the escalators can do so on the other side.
- Workers at the train station greet everyone with a “Good morning” at the beginning of the day when you swipe your ticket at the machine.
- There is no such thing as bad customer service in Japan.
- You do not tip.
- You can drink the tap water in Japan.
- The tap water doesn’t smell funny.
- People are generally very neat and tidy.
The above are just some of the things I can remember at this time. More to follow when my brain is more awake…